05/14/2021 4:57 AM
Position: 2021 Cape Cod Baseball League Trackman Operator
TrackMan leverages industry leading 3D doppler radar technology to capture the most
comprehensive and accurate ball tracking data in the game
TrackMan data is used for player evaluation and development by all Major League teams in the US and
the majority of teams in Japan and Korea, as well as top NCAA D1 programs.
TrackMan & Cape Cod League are seeking highly motivated and detail-oriented candidates to operate the
TrackMan System at various Cape Cod locations. These individuals will be responsible for running the
TrackMan system for all Cape Cod games. The duties require that this role arrive at least one half-hour
before first pitch and continue to the final out. This position runs from June 15th – August 10th, with theseason opener June 20th.
• Responsible for setting up rosters and tagging information in TrackMan.
• Log information for the entire game – monitoring the system and making any changes throughout
the game (i.e., roster changes, defensive substitutions, etc.).
• Assist in troubleshooting system issues with Trackman support, fixing any errors, and uploading
the game to the TrackMan.
• Maintain TrackMan equipment required for tagging.
• Support the TrackMan data operations teams in ad-hoc data requests and evaluations.
• Ensure quality of the data that is captured (Player, play result, pitch call accuracy etc.)
• Current college student or recent graduate with education focused on Sports Management,
Statistics / Mathematics, Operations Management, Sports Analytics or similar.
• Strong computer skills to operate the system and/or troubleshoot systemic issues.
• A firm understanding of baseball is required.
• Candidate must be able to make all home games and able to work nights during the week and
weekends associated with home games. (June 20 - August 10)
• Experience in Project Management a plus.
• Basic database and/or analytics experience a plus.
• Previous Trackman experience is a plus.
• This is a seasonal opportunity, and no benefits or re-location will be provided.
• Accommodations in Cape Cod for the duration of the season is required.
This position is compensated.
To apply, please send a resume to Morty Bouchard at [email protected] with the subject line
"Cape Cod TrackMan Internship"